Monday, March 7, 2011

Salt River Fields at Talking Stick

Monday March 7, 2011 (Day 171)

Today Rick and I checked out the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Colorado Rockies at the newest ball field in the Phoenix area called Salt River Fields at Talking Stick which is the only spring training facility built on Indian land. It’s located in Scottsdale but unlike the overpriced Giant’s Scottsdale park, the lawn seats are $8 (not 25). Since I didn’t bring either my camera or cell phone to the game, there are no pics. Next time! On the way to Scottsdale there were a number of freeway sound barriers that are very scenic and a sampling will follow.











In other news, Rick continues to slaughter me in both bocce and Phase Ten. Until I beat him in either one, there will be no further updates here! The temp today was a cooler 73 degrees and very breezy. We both were glad we brought long sleeved shirts to the game.

Spouse countdown: 7 nights

No comments: